Charter Of Positive Values
The MRM Charter of Positive Values constitutes a framework of ethical and moral reference for all South Africans. The specific objectives of the Charter include:
- Generating a moral vision for South Africa by defining what constitutes morality and rightful conduct, thus laying the foundation for commitment.
- Conscientising South African society to take collective responsibility for developing a framework for a South African Code of Conduct.
- Restoring and anchoring values enshrined in the Constitution, including respect for human rights and accepting accountability for one’s being and actions.
- Committed to the spirit of ubuntu, which underlies our democracy and is embedded in our constitution. We dedicate ourselves as a nation to:
- Respect human dignity and equality
- Promote responsible freedom, the rule of law and democracy
- Improve material well-being and economic justice
- Enhance sound family and community values
- Uphold honesty, integrity and loyalty
- Ensure harmony in culture, belief and conscience
- Show respect and concern for all people
- Strive for justice, fairness and peaceful co-existence
- Protect the environment